Grounded in North Yorkshire, making marks around the Globe
Kiplin Hall and Gardens is now closed for Winter. The Gardens and Tea Room reopen on Friday 4th February for Snowdrop Strolls, the Hall reopens its doors on Friday 11th March. We look forward to welcoming you to Kiplin in 2022!
Please join the mailing list at the bottom of this page to keep up to date on all of the goings-on at Kiplin. You can also read news and behind-the-scenes articles on our blog page.
You can help us understand our audiences better and tell us about your visit by leaving your feedback on our visitor survey HERE. It takes around 3-5mins to complete. Thank you!
Kiplin is a large site with many historic buildings, bodies of water, and some uneven surfaces. The upper floors of the Hall are accessed by two long shallow staircases. Unfortunately, there is no lift to these levels. For those unable to manage the stairs there are resources and photographs to browse in the Tea Room. Accessible toilets are located to the side of the drive near the clock tower.
Free admission is available to carers/assistants of disabled visitors. Please contact Kiplin for free wheelchair loan – 01748 818178.
Well-behaved dogs are welcome to enjoy the grounds at Kiplin, but must be kept on a lead, and are not permitted entry into the Hall.
Kiplin is fundraising to change the historic gravel in the grounds to self-binding gravel that will make the paths more accessible. Make a donation to help Kiplin make improvements.
General Admission Ticket Terms and Conditions
Kiplin Hall Trust strives to offer affordable rates to visitors, the charity relies on ticket income to operate and thanks visitors for their ongoing support.
- Tickets are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase during opening hours, when purchased in person.
- Tickets purchased online will be valid for 12 months, during opening hours, from the date of the first booking.
- Proof of online booking (conformation email) must be provided at the admissions desk on first visit at which time visitors will be issued with a physical ticket(s) for future use.
- Tickets are valid during opening times. Kiplin usually opens 6 days a week, closed on Thursdays and normally closes for winter in November, December, and January. Up to date opening information can be found at kiplinhall.co.uk
- Physical tickets must be presented at each visit. We do not keep a data base of valid tickets so we do need to see your ticket at each visit. Details provided for Gift Aid purposes can only be used for gift aid records, and cannot serve as ticket register for us.
- Lost tickets. As a data base of ticket sales is not kept by us lost tickets cannot be replaced without a receipt or proof of purchase.
- Tickets are for general admission to Kiplin Hall and Gardens, some events and activities may incur a sperate ticket cost or an additional fee. This will be clearly indicated on promotional materials. For example, special events, like outdoor theatre may be ticketed entirely separately from general admission. However, some activities, like children’s crafts activities are accessible only to general admission ticket holders and may incur an additional fee.
- Tickets are non-transferable, they should only be used by the named purchaser.
- Ticket holders who do not follow the visitor rules, or behave in an unsuitable manor, may have their annual ticket cancelled and be barred from future visits. Visitor rules can be seen at kiplinhall.co.uk
- Tickets are non-refundable. In the event that Kiplin Hall and Gardens has to close due to circumstances out of its control no refunds will be available. For example, high winds, flooding, government lockdowns etc. In the event of closures which are out of the control of Kiplin Hall and Gardens tickets will not be extended unless 3 months of planned opening hours have been affected. Any extensions will be at the discretion of the Board of Trustees. Details of any extensions will be published via our marketing and communications channels. Refunds will not be offered in place of ticket extensions.
Open for A Retro Christmas
Friday 26th Novemeber - Sunday 12th Decemeber Hall, Gardens and Tea RoomOpen 6 days a week 10am - 4pm
All Closed Thursdays
Last admission to the Hall 3:15pm
Closed for winter from Monday 13th December - Grounds reopen from Friday 4th Febuary 2022 for Snowdrop Strolls
All tickets valid for 12 months during open season
|Child (under 5's free)||£6.00|
Accessibility at Kiplin
· Free admission for carer of visitor with disabilities
· Wheelchair access to ground floor rooms and gardens
· Accessible toilets
· Assistance dogs welcome
· Information folder with photographs of upper floors
· Large print information sheets
· Partial access to woodland and lakeside walks
· Parking close to the front of the Hall
The More the Merrier
Tour the house with one of our expert guides. Learn about the founding of Maryland, the history of the four families related by blood or marriage who owned Kiplin Hall, and some Royal connections.
For group bookings you will need to contact us in advance of your visit.